Monday, July 28, 2008

Infinity

I feel restless tonight. I've felt restless all day with this strange sense of impending doom. I know it's made up, but I still feel it. So I thought I would try to work it out at the gym. I climbed on the treadmill and started walking, faster and faster with the incline incrementally higher until my legs were burning and my lungs had that sharp little tickle. Me with my headphones, lost in my own little musical world, with all the other hundreds of treadmill walkers and runners like a sea of humans marching along to nowhere on their infinity machines. It's very surreal--the gym experience. And it didn't exactly lift my spirits like I hoped it would. It's a lot easier for me to focus on the people running faster than I am. But they aren't actually getting anywhere either, so I don't know why I even look.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't worry! Everything will work out fine! Go ahead, buy yourself a carmel apple drizzled in chocolate. That always makes me feel better.

Laura said...

How is the gym going anyway? I'm really struggling myself. If you want to try and do a buddy system thing le me know, I need a kick in the pants!

Olivia said...

The gym is, well...the gym. But I'm going every day. I would LOVE a buddy system thing. Want to do some classes together? I'm loving that barbell class. Or just kicking around in the pool would be fun too!

Laura said...

K, I'm emailing you! I'd love the motivation and company.