Saturday, July 5, 2008

Someday I'll be the girl who...

Someday I'll be the girl who has beautifully manicured fingernails. Really I'm the girl who picks my cuticles until they bleed and have jagged nails no matter how hard I try.

Someday I'll be that girl who wears dainty high-heels. Really I'm the girl who has a couple pairs of high heels in my closet that never leave there. Besides, I'd be 7 feet tall in them.

Someday I'll be the girl who looks elegant and understated and polished. Really I'm the girl who usually goes for comfort first and wears whatever hand-me-downs I get.

Someday I'll be that girl who is comfortable in every social situation and always knows the right thing to say. Really I'm the girl who blirts out things I shouldn't and gets way too loud and obnoxious.

Someday I'll be the girl who has it all together. Really I'm the girl who is constantly picking up the pieces but never quite getting it together.

Someday I'll be the girl who appreciates myself for exactly who I am. Really I'm getting there. I really am.

2 comments:

DeLaina said...

Someday I'll be the girl who tells her fabulous friends how much they mean to her...regardless of hand-me-downs, picked-at fingernails, etc.

You're the best!!!

Dana said...

I love this entry. It sums up so much of me. You are truly a kindred spirit and I am so proud to have you as a friend.
It also reminded me of the book "Eat, Pray, Love" when she wanted to be the quiet girl in the ashram and in reality she was the chatterbox. But I loved how people would feel her quiet presence whenever they meditated. It reminds me that we need wipe clean the lenses we use to view ourselves and for once be able to see ourselves clearly and appreciate the greatness that we already are.