Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Reality is Overrated

I have a confession to make. I look up at truck drivers when I'm on the freeway. I catch myself doing it all the time. And it's just like the definition of insanity--doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Without fail as I see a big semi ahead of me I have this picture in my mind of the extremely gorgeous, tan manly man looking down at me from his big truck. He winks at me and I smile back and...well that's about as far as I get.

So today I find myself doing it again. I drive up next to a big truck and I look up expectantly. And then, WHAM, my fantasy gets run right over by reality. I'm pretty sure that steamy hot is actually NOT in the truck driver job description at all. I guess that's why they are driving the trucks and not modeling for ads about trucks.

I'm going to keep looking up though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know why truck drivers always look down don't you????

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how this horrible fantasy ever got started in the first place. Didn't you see Thelma and Louise? They are always the worst, and ugly and creepy... and lonely... and creepy... and dirty - yucky.

Maybe you were thinking of UPS drivers. They are all SO young and handsome that I believe there may be some job discrimation going on in that company... and I think I'm ok with that... I know what it feels like to be hated because I'm beautiful, and pretty people need work too - well,not me, but some pretty people. xoxok